6 days Motorcycle Adventure Through Iceland
Real enduro tour only for those who have very good experience with off road ride
8-13 August 2 spots left
17-22 August Sold Out
28 July-2 August 6 spots left
16-22 August 4 spots left
Selfoss – Nýidalur
Witness The Waterfalls
Welcome to the start of your adventure with Ride With Locals! We begin our journey from our headquarters in Selfoss and head north, driving on the tarmac for the first 40-50 kilometers. As we enter the wilderness, the breathtaking mountains come into view, welcoming us with spectacular views.
Our first stop is at Hjálparfoss, a stunning waterfall that serves as a perfect spot to catch our breath and admire the beauty of the Icelandic nature. We continue on a wonderful pathway through Gjáin to Iceland’s second-highest waterfall, Háifoss. The grandeur of this waterfall is truly remarkable and is sure to leave you in awe.
As we push our bikes further, we make our way to a fun waterfall with a fun name: Dynkur. This is a perfect spot to take photos and capture beautiful scenery.
As we approach the end of the day, we pick up the pace and ride even faster, expressing our enjoyment of the land. We finally reach Nýidalur, a cozy mountain cabin in the remote and beautiful middle of nowhere. This is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of riding, surrounded by the untouched beauty of Icelandic nature.
- Town of Selfoss,
- Nýidalur Mountain Hut
Here’s everything you need to know:
- Pick up at any hotel in Reykjavík and drive back after the last riding day
- 3 nights in mountain huts with sleeping bag accommodation and mattresses.
- 2 nights in a hotel
- 5 breakfasts
- 6 lunches and 3 dinners and all food while we are driving
- Snacks, coffee, and water for 6 days
- Motorcycle (KTM 350, 450)(Husky 450) for 6 days
- Backup motorcycle when needed
- Fuel for motorcycle
- Support vehicle with a driver and full support
- Motorcycle Insurance
- The included insurance is basic liability insurance and covers damages to other vehicles in the case of collision and medical insurance for the rider and any others involved in an accident. CDW insurance (coverage of the cost of making necessary repairs to the bike) is extra and an additional 160 Euros per person, per tour. Riders understand that if the CDW insurance is not purchased, they are liable for all damages to the motorcycle. Damage caused willfully or due to reckless behavior is not covered by any insurance.
How to book:
- Fill out the registration form on our website
- Maximum tour size is 10 participants plus 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals
- Minimum tour size is 3 participants plus 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals
What’s not included:
- Flights to/from Reykjavik/Keflavik
- Hotel in Reykjavik the night before or after the trip
- Riding gear and helmets
Things to remember:
- Icelandic weather can be unpredictable, so make sure your clothes are truly waterproof (waterproof socks recommended)
- Temperature can vary from 5 to 15 Celsius degrees, so come prepared
- Travel insurance is required in case of illness or injury (check with your insurance company or consider purchasing a European insurance card)
- Don’t forget your bathing suit for the natural swimming pools and hot tubs
- Bring a fly net to cover your face in areas with increasing fly populations
- Motorcycle insurance covers damage caused by normal use of the bike (optional CDW insurance available for an additional fee)
You can contact us any time to change your booking. Choose a date to find availability and see prices