3 days Iceland Motorcycle Adventure
Selfoss – Fremstaver – 179 km
Historic, Scenic Ride from Selfoss to Gullfoss
This ride takes us past the Nesjavellir Geothermal Power Station through Þingvellir National Park, where the oldest continually running parliament in the world first assembled in 930 AD. From there, it’s into the Skjaldbreiður Lava Field to Geysir Hot Springs and Gullfoss Waterfall.
- Town of Selfoss, Úlfljótsvatn Lake, Nesjavellir Power Station
- Þingvallavatn Lake, Þingvellir (original site of Iceland’s parliament), Þingvallaskógur Forest
- Volcano Skjaldbreiður, Þjófahraun Lava Fields
- Mt. Skriðutindar, Mt. Hlöðufell, Lambahraun Lava Fields
- Geysir Hot Spring, Gullfoss Waterfall
Fremstaver – Mountain Hut – 192 km
Into the Wilderness
We ride north on F35 to Kerlingafjöll Mountain Range, within the geothermal area of Hveradalir. As the scene unfolds, you will capture the sight of mini glaciers, high energy steam springs and arctic vegetation which together create unique color combinations. We’ll be crossing a river with a bank of black sand.
- Hvítárvatn Lagoon
- Langjökull Glacier
- Kerlingafjöll, a tall mountain range part of a large tuya volcano system
Mountain Hut – Selfoss – 301 km
The Fjallabak Region takes name from the numerous wild and rugged Mountains with deeply incised valleys.Riding there is like being in the Lord of the Rings Story.The hot pools at Landmannalaugar where we will bathe are one of many manifestations of geothermal activity in the area.From the hot pools,the track takes us to Hrafntinnusker home of the Obsidians rock.With some river crossing we will find Markafljót canyon and fallow the river to the lowlands.We will end the trip there staying overnight in a nice hotel in Selfoss. For dinner, we’ll go to a nice restaurant and tell stories into the night…
- Sultartangi Power Stadion
- Landmannalaugar Geothermal Area
- Markafljót Canyon
Included in the price:
- Pick up at any hotel in Reykjavík and drive back the morning after the last riding day
- 3 nights in a mountain huts with sleepingbag accommodation and mattresses.
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 lunches and dinners and all food while we are driving
- Snacks, coffee and water for 3 days
- Motorcycle (KTM 690 R) (Husky 701) for 3 days
- Backup motorcycle when needed (can be different type from KTM 690 R)
- Motorcycle insurance
- Fuel for motorcycle
- Support vehicle with a driver and full support
How to book a trip with Ride With Locals:
You may book a trip with Ride With Locals by filling out the registration form on the website.
The maximum number of participants for each tour is 7 + 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals.
The minimum number of participants for the tour to run is 3 people+ 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals.
Not included in the price:
- Flights to/from Reykjavik/Keflavik
- Hotel in Reykjavík the night before and after the trip
- Riding gear and helmets
*You can book flights to/from Reykjavik/Keflavik from several destinations in Europe and the rest of the world.
Things to remember:
- The weather on Iceland can differ from day to day and rain is not unusual. Make sure that your clothes really are waterproof. Waterproof socks are a recommendation, since we often ride through water.
- The temperature can vary from 5 to 15 Celsius degrees, so you need to be well prepared.
- Remember that a travel insurance is required in case you get ill or injure yourself. Most home insurances also include travel insurance. Check it with your insurance company. A European insurance card is also recommended (if European), it is provided free of charge at the state.
- Also remember to bring your own bathing/swimming suit for the natural swimming pools and hot tubs.