4 days Iceland Motorcycle Adventure
Selfoss – Hungurfit – 302 km
The Land of Volcanoes
Historic,Scenic Ride from Selfoss to Geysir,Gullfoss and MT.Hekla
This ride takes us past the Nesjavellir Geothermal Power Stadion through Þingvellir National Park,where the oldest continually running parliament in the world first assembled in 930 AD.From there to Geysir hot springs and Gullfoss waterfall.Then we head east to volcano Hekla.
- Town of Selfoss
- Úlfjótsvatn Lake
- Nesjavellir Power Stadion
- Gullfoss Waterfall
- Sultartangi Power Stadion
Hungurfit – Skaftárdalur – 171 km
In between Glaciers
The Fjallabak region takes its name from the numerous wild and rugged mountains with deeply incised valleys. Riding there is like being in the Lord of the Rings story. The hot pools at Landmannalaugar, where we will bathe are one of many manifestations of geothermal activity in the area. From the hot pools, the track takes us to Tungnaá River toward Vatnajökull Glacier and Langisjór Lake. Then, it’s back down by the Skaftá River to a volcanic fissure stretching from Mýrdalsjökull Glacier almost to Vatnajökull and over to Eldgjá, a canyon about 60 km long, 600 m wide and up to 150 m deep. It was formed in the year 934 during one of the largest volcanic eruptions in Iceland in historical times.
- Landmannalaugar Geothermal Area
- Langisjór Lake
- Eldgjá, a canyon and volcano
Skaftárdalur – Skaftárdalur – 134 km
Row of Craters
From the farm Skaftárdalur, we ride east toward Laki, a series of craters that were formed in one of the world’s largest mixed eruptions in recorded history. In 1783, lava flowed across the flat land destroying a large number of farms, stopping just outside the small town of Kirkjubæjarklaustur. The total area of the resulting lava field is 565 km². We will go over a small section of it on our way to Kirkjubæjarklaustur.
- Fagrifoss Waterfall
- Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon
Skaftárdalur – Selfoss – 200 km
Black Sand Beach
- Hjörleifshöfði, Þakgil secret mountain trail.
- Reynisfjara black pebble beach and features an amazing cliff of regular basalt columns.
From the farm in Kirkjubæjarklaustur, we head closer to the coastline toward the small village Vík. On the way, we visit Reynisdrangar Basalt Sea Stacks situated under Mt. Reynisfjall by the Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach; then the majestic Skógarfoss Waterfall and few more sites. Next, we visit Seljavallalaug, the old mountain swimming pool, where we bathe deep in the glacial valley.
Included in the price:
- Pick up at any hotel in Reykjavík and drive back the morning after the last riding day
- 3 nights in a mountain huts with sleeping bag accommodation and mattresses.
- 3 breakfasts
- 4 lunches and 3 dinners and all food while we are driving
- Snacks, coffee and water for 4 days
- Motorcycle (KTM 690 R)(Husky 701) for 4 days
- Backup motorcycle when needed (can be different type from KTM 690 R)
- Motorcycle insurance
- Fuel for motorcycle
- Support vehicle with a driver and full support
How to book a trip with Ride With Locals:
You may book a trip with Ride With Locals by filling out the registration form on the website.
The maximum number of participants for each tour is 7 + 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals.
The minimum number of participants for the tour to run is 3 people+ 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals.
Not included in the price:
- Flights to/from Reykjavik/Keflavik
- Hotel in Reykjavík the night before and after the trip
- Riding gear and helmets
*You can book flights to/from Reykjavik/Keflavik from several destinations in Europe and the rest of the world.
Things to remember:
- The weather on Iceland can differ from day to day and rain is not unusual. Make sure that your clothes really are waterproof. Waterproof socks are a recommendation, since we often ride through water.
- The temperature can vary from 5 to 15 Celsius degrees, so you need to be well prepared.
- Remember that a travel insurance is required in case you get ill or injure yourself. Most home insurances also include travel insurance. Check it with your insurance company. A European insurance card is also recommended (if European), it is provided free of charge at the state.
- Also remember to bring your own bathing/swimming suit for the natural swimming pools and hot tubs.