7 Days Dual Sport Tour West Fjords
16-22 June (Sold Out)
18-22 June 10 spots left
1-7 September 10 spots left
Get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey through Iceland’s spectacular landscape! On the first day of our seven-day motorcycle tour, we’ll depart from our hometown Selfoss and ride through some of Iceland’s most stunning natural wonders. Our first stop is Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the birthplace of the world’s oldest continually running parliament. As we ride through the park, you’ll see the breathtaking Almannagjá gorge and learn about the geological and cultural history of this unique region.
Next, we’ll head north towards the impressive glacier Langjökull, where we’ll ride along a mountain road with stunning views of the surrounding landscape. You’ll feel the thrill of the open road as we navigate through winding turns and steep inclines, all while taking in the awe-inspiring scenery. Along the way, we’ll stop to snap photos and enjoy the incredible natural beauty that surrounds us.
We’ll then head to the picturesque town of Húsafell, nestled in a valley surrounded by mountains and glaciers. Here, we’ll take a break and explore the stunning surroundings, including the nearby waterfalls and hot springs. After a delicious lunch, we’ll continue our ride through Arnarvatnsheiði, a unique mountain region with breathtaking views and challenging terrain.
Finally, we’ll arrive in Hrútafjörður, a beautiful coastal town where we’ll spend our first night. Take some time to relax and unwind, perhaps enjoying a delicious seafood dinner and soaking in the scenic beauty of the area. Get ready for the next six days of adventure, as we explore more of Iceland’s natural wonders and experience the thrill of motorcycle touring through this stunning country.
- Þingvellir, National Park
- Úlfljótsvatn, lake
- Skjaldbreiður, volcano
- Langjökull, glacier
- Arnarvatnsheiði, Mountain Road
Here’s everything you need to know:
- Pick-up and drop-off service from any hotel in Reykjavík on the first and last riding days.
- 6 nights accommodation in a hotel.
- 6 breakfasts to start your days off right.
- Use of a KTM 690 R or Husky 701 motorcycle for 7 days.
- A backup motorcycle will be provided when needed, which may be a different type from the KTM 690 R.
- Fuel for the motorcycle during the tour.
- A support vehicle with a driver and full support to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
- Basic liability insurance covers damages to other vehicles in the case of collision, as well as medical insurance for the rider and any others involved in an accident.
- Riders have the option to purchase CDW insurance for an additional cost of 160 Euros per person, per tour, which covers the cost of necessary repairs to the bike. Riders understand that if the CDW insurance is not purchased, they are liable for all damages to the motorcycle. Please note that damage caused wilfully or due to reckless behavior is not covered by any insurance.
How to book:
- Fill out the registration form on our website
- Maximum tour size is 10 participants plus 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals
- The minimum tour size is 3 participants plus 2 riding guides from Ride With Locals
What’s not included:
- Flights to/from Reykjavik/Keflavik
- Hotel in Reykjavik the night before or after the trip
- Riding gear and helmets
Things to remember:
- Icelandic weather can be unpredictable, so make sure your clothes are truly waterproof (waterproof socks recommended)
- Temperature can vary from 5 to 15 Celsius degrees, so come prepared
- Travel insurance is required in case of illness or injury (check with your insurance company or consider purchasing a European insurance card)
- Don’t forget your bathing suit for the natural swimming pools and hot tubs
- Bring a fly net to cover your face in areas with increasing fly populations
- Motorcycle insurance covers damage caused by normal use of the bike (optional CDW insurance available for an additional fee)